Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Captain's Log: Day 9

I'm currently sitting here watching some terrible Lifetime movie about pie.  Yes, pie.  I think one of the guys from Clueless is in this.  That's gotta mean it's a quality movie, right?

Had an appointment on Monday and everything looked about the same as last week, blood pressure-wise.  They are having me do a 24 hour urine thing (to get an exact number of the amount of protein), which has been tons of fun so far.  I just love carrying a big jug-o-piss up and down the stairs every time I have to pee!  Oh, and it has to be refrigerated.  Earlier, J yelled from the kitchen to inform me that she moved my pee jug behind the milk.  Eww.  Of course, it's back in front of the milk now since I have to pee every 12 minutes.  Next appointment is tomorrow morning, so jug-o-pee and I will be off to the doctor's office! 

Okay, enough about my pee.  J is not-so-secretly hoping that the babies will have to be delivered tomorrow... I don't think it will happen, but I love that she's so excited to meet them (I am, too).  Plus, she knows that when babies come, her parents will fly out here, so I think that's another reason she is so anxious for babies to arrive!  Both of our families live on the opposite side of the country, so visits are few and far between.  It will be nice to see everyone.

The downstairs pack-n-play has been built and living room has been cleaned.  My friend is coming over this weekend to help us get the rest of the house organized, so that will be good.  We have all the baby clothes and blankets and whatnot put away, but it still seems like there is "stuff" everywhere. No matter how many times we clean the babies' room, it always seems like there is more crap all over the floor.  We're planning on moving to a bigger house in May or June, but for now, everything is going to be pretty cramped.  It's crazy that babies are so tiny yet manage to take up so much space!!

I'm hungry.  Shrimp cocktail and scallops wrapped in bacon sound absolutely divine right now, but alas, I don't have either of them.  I guess I'll go see what's in the fridge... Besides my pee, of course.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment