Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Wasting Time

My blood pressure has been getting progressively worse, yet I'm still just sitting here at home.  I had another appointment this morning and my BP was 150/100.  The doctor (not my regular one - she's out of town this week) sent me to the hospital for a couple hours of monitoring, which involved a cuff on my arm that automatically took my BP every ten minutes.  They also took some blood and had me pee in a cup (always with the peeing!) and then sent me home once the results came back within the acceptable range.  I'm sorry, but what was the point of that?  I can understand being sent to the hospital if I had been complaining about contractions or something like that, but WOW this was a waste of time.  Maybe I'm just cranky because I'm bored and sick of being on bed rest?  I don't know.  I'm not just a fan of going to the hospital if nothing is going to actually happen. 

Next appointment is on Thursday with yet another doctor I've never met.  Everyone seems to think I'm going to have the babies on Thursday, but I completely disagree.  I have a feeling I'll get to 37 weeks and the doctor will be like "You're doing so well that you can TOTALLY go another week!!!"  And then I will cry.

Wow, I'm really whiny today.  I'm so grateful to be pregnant and I don't mean to imply otherwise.  I am just really ready to meet these two little creatures who have been kicking my ribs and sitting on my bladder for the past 35 1/2 weeks!  I'm not a fan of sitting around doing nothing... Unless it's by choice, of course. :)

-S

P.S. I have no idea if anyone reads this, but if you do, please click on the little "Team Linus" picture on the right and send them positive thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. ooo...I just found your blog: Just in time! I'm dying to know if you got to meet your little ones yesterday, or if you're still waiting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no babies! The doctor we saw yesterday seemed kind of concerned about the size difference between the two of them, but apparently we're still okay until next week when our doctor gets back from vacation. I have a feeling, though, that if he had been our regular doctor, he would have delivered yesterday. Hmph. Well, only one more week!

    I actually just found your blog a couple days ago, too. How funny!

    ReplyDelete