Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

And baby said...

I couldn't think of a title and I have "Dance Magic" in my head.

We found a house!!!  It's not quite where we wanted to be, but it's close and the price is awesome.  Big bedrooms, huge yard, nice deck... We get the keys on Friday!  We're going to wait until next weekend to move, though, since J will be on vacation for a week after that.  I'm thinking about buying some paint and painting our bedroom a fun color since we're not moving in right away.  We're going to have our day care lady watch them for a couple afternoons while we're in the process of moving to a) let us move without worrying about the babies and b) give the babies the opportunity to get used to her and being at her house.  We brought the babies over to meet her the other day and she did really well with them.  Even got H to stop crying for a little while!

I think the new place might actually help the little monsters sleep better.  Right now, there is a street light right outside their bedroom window, so it's hard to keep it dark.  Their new room won't have that problem and it's in the back of the house away from all the "traffic" (people, dogs, other sounds).  I'm also excited because their room is huuuuuge and will allow us to give them a sleep area and a play area.  It'll be nice to have a place where they can play with toys without us having to worry about the dogs eating everything.

I had my two month follow up with my MFM today.  The timing was good, because I started bleeding [extremely] heavily the day before last and I wasn't sure if it's my period or if something's wrong.  She said it's a combination of my period and my uterus clamping down on the placenta sites.  She gave me something to take for 24 hours to get all the extra blood out and then my periods should get back to normal.  I guess it will make me super crampy, but they gave me painkillers to help that. 

G has been extra fussy lately.  He will just cry and cry and cry... and oh my god, he is LOUD.  We decided to switch him to soy formula, too.  Hopefully that will help the little guy.  And maybe someday, H will stop screaming all the time?  Please?

I have some really cute pictures I took yesterday of the two of them in the sling, but I can't reach my camera to upload them!  I've got H sleeping in the sling and G sleeping on my lap.  I HAVE TO PEE!!  Gonna try putting them in their pack and play... Wish me luck.  I'll post the pics later!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the house!!!

    Your babies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved getting caught up on your journey and finding another twin blog. Congratulations on the house - I definitely feel your need for space. We are trying to work out our two bedroom home with 2 dogs and a cat... And the babies to come. Hope painting / moving goes well.

    ReplyDelete